Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It Has Been 10 Days Since My Last Binge

Did anyone watch this week's Heavy? I DVR'd it on Monday and watched it last night. Food addiction is a crazy thing. I felt like with the woman, I could have been watching an episode of Intervention. There was a lot I could relate to, especially with the closet eating (although, I think she would literally eat in the closet).

I do feel like I'm making strides with my eating. I'm home a lot by myself, which used to be my favorite time to pig out. I haven't binged since February 19th. I also haven't skipped a workout since that weekend.

Yesterday was a day full of temptations. Our house was seriously lacking in the grocery department, so I kind of threw my lunch together with what we had, and I wasn't looking forward to eating it. I hate not being excited about my lunch. I was tempted to order something small with the rest of the office, but I decided against it. And you know what? My lunch wasn't that bad at all. I didn't have enough food for the afternoon, and I forgot my post-gym banana, but I still turned down my boss' offer to buy us all frozen yogurt from the place up the street. I know I could have had some yogurt, and still maintained my points, but it is a very slippery slope for me. I was afraid I'd eat the yogurt and not push myself at the gym like I would have normally, or go home after training instead of doing my cardio.

As it turns out, I had my days mixed up and I train today and Thursday. Even though I was hungry, I forced myself to do my 60 minutes of cardio. Then, the hunger voice started.

"What am I going to make when I get home? I have no groceries."

"I could go the other way home and stop at Whole Foods and get something from their hot foods buffet."

"I do have a ton of points left for dinner. I wonder how many points macaroni & cheese is?"

(I hope this doesn't make me sound schizophrenic, but it literally is a battle with myself.)

I ended up just going straight home, and stayed well within my points. I made some pasta with that Ronzoni Smart Taste rotini. I added some spinach and marinara sauce. Along with some fat free cheddar. For my garlic toast (which I always need to have with pasta), I toasted one of those garlic herb wraps I mentioned before, and spread a Laughing Cow cheese wedge on it.

It's funny (and by funny, I mean gross and no wonder I weigh this much) how many servings of pasta I used to make for myself. I would have a full giant bowl and add tons of cheese.

This is an actual serving:
Was it a ton of pasta? No. Was I satisfied versus stuffed to the point of feeling uncomfortable? Yes. I'm pretty into that feeling!

For dessert I had some fat free cool whip and frozen fruit. There was no picking at things while I was waiting for my food to cook (an old, very bad habit of mine), and I drank a bunch of water last night too.

SUCCESS.

xoxo

1 comment: