Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Nonfat Tuesday

It's Tuesday already! I was so busy all day today, I didn't have a chance to write anything this morning or at lunch.

I had a gyno appointment today, and we talked a lot about PCOS. She really seems to think I have it, and for the first time in all my years of going to doctors, I really felt like this doctor was empathetic and truly wanted to help. She had me get blood work done right away, and I meet with her again in 2 weeks to go over the results. I expressed my frustration in my sloooow weight loss, but she said I'm doing everything right. She even said if I wasn't already on Weight Watchers, she'd recommend it for me.

I met with my trainer today, and it was a good workout, as usual.  My knees are really bothering me today though. It could be because I wiped out going UP the stairs at work yesterday and spilled coffee everywhere. My boss heard me fall, and pointed out all of the coffee stains on the carpet from him falling. It made me feel better and forget about my throbbing knee. At least for a little while.

Oooh, I almost forgot. I had my measurements taken last Thursday with my trainer. My folder is upstairs, and I'm lazy, so I'll post them tomorrow. I wasn't super happy with my results, but there were some changes.

Also, weirdly enough, my weight went back down. The only thing I can figure is that I had a pretty big dinner Sunday night and maybe that affected it? I don't know. As of this morning I was 213.8, which is my lowest yet. I really needed to see that low number. I was starting to get pretty discouraged, and I could feel myself slipping a little bit.

So, I tried something new for dinner tonight: tofu shirataki noodles! Have you ever tried them?

The instructions say to rinse well and to heat for at least 60 seconds to get rid of the "distinct odor" which is a little disconserting, but I followed the instructions and mixed them with some fake ground meat and spaghetti sauce and voila:



Texture wise, I'd say it's a cross between regular spaghetti and spaghetti squash. Either way, it was delicious and the whole bag was only 1 point! Way easier to make than spaghetti squash. I think it's going to be my new pasta substitute.

I feel like between my doctor appointment, training and my new spaghetti, a fresh wave of motivation has come over me. This whole journey is as much about losing weight as it is getting healthy for me.

I just feel good tonight.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment